Navman - microSD Card Compatibility Information
Please type your model into our widget below and it will give you our recommended microSD card for your specific model. Please be aware that different dash camera models may have a different microSD compatibility so please ensure you enter your model name correctly. It is important to remember that Navman does not guarantee the dash cams compatibility with use of memory cards not listed here.
In order to record video footage Navman MiVUE dash cameras need a microSD. It is very important to use a microSD card specifically designed to be used in dash cameras. It will ensure the card will be more reliable and last longer; the wrong type of card has a greater chance of failing, even after a short period of time.
We’ve outlined some helpful information below to help you choose the right card for your Navman MiVUE dash camera.
Choosing the correct microSD card
The number one cause of issues in dash cams is incorrect microSD cards. This is because the dash camera records and overwrites files constantly, there is more strain on the SD card and causes it to wear out over time. The good news is there are microSD cards that are made specifically for dash cameras that are more robust to withstand this constant recording and that help reduce the microSD card failing.
When recommending a microSD card that is most suitable for your dash camera, we follow some simple rules:
- Is the read/write speed optimal?
- Is it covered by the manufacturer’s warranty and designed to be used in dash cameras?
- Is it easily available to purchase in Australia and New Zealand?
- Has it passed our own testing in-house to check the durability, software compatibility and performance in high and low temperatures to cover all climates?
What to do after purchasing your microSD card
- Format the microSD card - It’s important to format the card via your Dash Camera prior to use.
- Test the microSD card - Even if you’ve purchased a card that we have tested and recommend, it’s important to do your own testing as manufacturers can change their software compatibility without notice. To do this, pop it into your device and start recording footage. Once you’ve recorded some footage, playback on the device or in MiVUE Manager to confirm the card is formatted and working as required.
- Ongoing microSD card health check - All microSD cards are a consumable item and will wear out from continuous use over time. Because of this, it is important to check the health of your microSD cards, ideally on a monthly basis, to ensure that the card is still recording. To do this, either in your MiVUE device or in the MiVUE Manager on your desktop, click on playback to view your most current footage. If it looks good, format the microSD card again as this helps prolong its useful life.